[SECC] SS CW N4GG SO Unlimited HP

Hal Kennedy halken at comcast.net
Mon Nov 8 09:07:59 EST 2004

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: N4GG
Operator(s): N4GG
Station: N4GG

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:    0
   80:  324
   40:  281
   20:  372
   15:   61
   10:   40
------------

Great to hear so many SECC stations on and see the good scores.
I decided to jump in at the last possible second and as a result did not
have the computer set up properly.  Fought with it all weekend - my
apologies
for the delays: the F key response was really slow.

Worked VY1JA, KL7 and PAC all on 40 - the antennas here on 20 will not break
the pileups.  40 went long early as expected - the money band was 80 during
the evening.  I remember years ago people saying "There's no meters like 40
meters" about this contest.  WS4Q and I used to work over 1000 Qs just on 40
in SS-SSB. I think it will be 80 until the sunspots come back.

The flare and the aurora at the end made for some interesting Qs.

2X FT1000MP+Inrad, ACOM 2000A/Alpha 99, Writelog, HB SO2R
88 ft sloping doublet, center at 35 feet
40/20 inverted vee at 35 feet

http://www.hornucopia.com/3830score/