[SECC] CQ WW CW 2004

K4SB k4sb at bellsouth.net
Sun Nov 28 23:35:28 EST 2004

Decided about 10 mins into the contest to go single band 40 only. Have
to figure out how to get WriteLog to not count the 10 or so Qs on 20.

Score later, but 101 countries on 40, 30+ zones, and about 200+ Qs.

Believe me, that 1/2 wave dipole drooping in the center worked like a
charm. Got into some real cat fights, and usually got the station
within 1 or 2 calls.

Countries include HS, SU, 5H, ZS, 3D, A6, A4, 5Z, ZL, VK, ect.
Strangely enough, some countries I expected were never heard. 4X, TA,
bunch of the G possessions. Missed zone 10, but got 2.

Going to put out a contract on Hal, GG. He worked a DU/ ahead of me
and I couldn't get the call. When I finally could copy it, he went
QRT.

):>
Ed