[SECC] CQP and Murphy

Tommy aldermant at alltel.net
Sun Oct 3 07:55:03 EDT 2004

Score:        52866

Points:       534

Multi:         99

QSO's:      178

Total time: 7 hours

For the first time ever, Mr. Murphy visited me during a contest. First, my Titan 3 blew up (probably a p.s. capacitor), then my Orion just quit putting out power (no resets could bring it back to life), then Mr. Murphy decided he would give me one more kick in the pants and a tree limb fell on my 600' open wire feeders, breaking the wire on one side (no, I didn't splice and solder in the dark!). Took the hint, and will get it all fixed this week.

Most all S&P on 15, 20, and a few minutes on 40m. Rates were pretty slow. Murphy hit right at the time when both 40 and 80m were warming up to where I could have done some running, but......  Heard several GA and ALA stations and not too many TN stations. Enjoyable contest, but a little slow at times.

Tom - W4BQF