[SECC] Propagation Study Opportunity

John Laney k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Mon Oct 4 11:15:04 EDT 2004

Hello.

Some of you might be interested in using your fine contesting station to
  augment our propagation studies on 10 meters and on VHF.  When you are
not  using your station, why not let it be a part of the PropNET network
of  beacons?  Using software that captures beacon information, we can
unlock  propagation modes and openings.

I have updated the instructions for installing and configuring, then
operating, the MS-PSK PropNET software on 10 meters (28.131 USB).  If
you  are interested in joining our research group, please visit:

http://hfradio.org/propnet-info.html

Amateur Radio Operators who have transmit authority on 28.131 are
encouraged to configure a station - when you are not using your station,
  why not let it run at low power as a beacon to help us unlock the
secrets  of propagation at 10 meters?  (Or on VHF bands, too?)  If you
are NOT  licensed for transmitting on 28.131, you may still participate
as a  RECEPTION station.

Thanks

73 de Tomas, NW7US (AARØJA/AAAØWA)

: Propagation Editor for CQ, CQ VHF, and Popular Communications :
: Creator of live propagation center - http://prop.hfradio.org/ :
: Member, US Army Miltary Affiliate Radio Service (MARS) AARØJA :
: 122.93W 47.67N / Brinnon, Washington USA - CN87 - CW/SSB/DIGI :
: Website, software, database design - http://newwebmakers.com/ :
: Washington State Army MARS, State Army MARS Director - AAAØWA :
: 1Øx56526, FISTS 7Ø55, FISTS NW 57,  AR Lighthouse Society 144 :