[SECC] More antenna work

David Thompson thompson at mindspring.com
Tue Oct 5 12:52:12 EDT 2004

I replaced the 3rd director and the 3" cap on the KT 34XA last Sunday.  I
have  the cap hats to replace on the Cushcraft 2 el 40.

I found one of the overhead struts broken on the KT 34XA (the original
aircraft cable).  The other broke as the tower was lowered.  KLM replaced
these with kevlar which I have.  I also have the remains of a Isopole 2
meter on top . I have the crank up pinned with steel pipe Bill Wall gave me
but not sure if I can climb the ladder steps to reach the struts or the
Isopole. I was going to rent a bucket truck but its very expensive and I
have other bills in front of doing this.

After I fix the caps hats I will see if I can stand on the ladder.  My
problem is I get leg cramps
easily and I even get them walking around on the roof.

I do hope to have the tower and beams back up by November 1st.  Its hard to
work the contests with the beams at 30 feet and pointing on 25 degrees.

Dave K4JRB