[SECC] BW Op Event, K4OGG

Jay Pryor jpryor at uga.edu
Mon Oct 18 10:50:34 EDT 2004

I had a long list of things to do Saturday and planned to grab a few
minutes whenever I could to work some FOC folks.  Then my daughter decided
Saturday morning that she was too tired to go the UGA/Vandy game and did
not need her two tickets.  So . . . rather than let the tickets go to waste
I headed for Sanford Stadium.  As a result most of my QSOs were made from
my mobile station as I was heading home after the game.  Two of the UK
folks have very good receivers/ears and were able to hear my 100w/Ham Stick
signal.

I gave K4BAI a call around 4:30 p.m. but he was pretty weak on 20M at that
distance, so I know I must have been extremely weak on his end -- and John
didn't hear me.

Total of 16 QSOs.  This "operating event" had all the earmarks of a contest
except some of the guys took time for a brief chat.  Seemed to me that the
activity was pretty good.

73,

Jay, K4OGG