RTTY QRM (was: RE: [SECC] Re:JARTS)

ku8e at bellsouth.net ku8e at bellsouth.net
Tue Oct 19 09:34:05 EDT 2004

  I think the RTTY contests disrupt the bands more than a CW contest, especially on 40 meters becuase people are operating RTTY as low as 7025.
I can remember several times during the CW Sprint that this has happened.

 I think it would be safe to say that most CW contesters never operate up by the suggested RTTY frequencies of .080 and above on each band.

BTW.. I have nothing against RTTY... I have listened and might even try it sometime... it's just a pain when you are trying to work someone in a state
QSO party and the band is full of RTTY signals...

                                     Jeff