[SECC] RTTY

John Laney k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Tue Oct 19 10:45:09 EDT 2004

We are probably speculating without really knowing the handicaps the JAs
are operating under on the lower bands.  My recollection from when I was
in Korea for 13 months as HL9KQ is that the JAs could not operate CW
above 3525 (probably the reason I have never worked a JA on 80 meters
with my General class license) and the upper limit for CW on 40 M was
somewhere between 7030 and 7050.  RTTY may have the same limits as CW.
Probably someone else is more knowledgeable.  Nevertheless, we could
hardly expect the JAs to sponsor a RTTY contest on frequencies they
could not themselves use.  73, John, K4BAI.