[SECC] CQWW

Courtney Judd - K4WI k4wi at earthlink.net
Sun Oct 24 19:27:25 EDT 2004

i don't know why I let things go until the last minute, but finally decided
that I had best get off heinie and do some antenna work before next weekend.
Ivan left my stack in rather sad shape with all the boom supports stretched
and twisted in the rotators.. north is no longer north. Too windy yesterday
but this morning made a good start. Got the top 3 back aligned to proper
headings and the booms back all level; but when I got to the bottom 7 el the
boom support cable broke and this antenna is going no where until I can fix
this problem . I depend on it for instant South America so new plan is not
to use it and switch in the 6 el KLM  fixed on SA on different tower when
needed. I have the KT34 aimed at ZL and can switch to it when needed.. so
looks like next weekend will be ok antenna wise. Lets hope that Sol
behaves.. looks like the A index is about 8 this evening.. not so good for
10 meters. Hope everyone has a good showing! 73's Cort

Courtney Judd K4WI / NA4W
2300 County Road 61
Uniontown, Al. 36786

Check out my web site: