[SECC] Treasurer

Matt Lee, K4AQ Matt at HiWAAY.net
Mon Oct 25 13:21:34 EDT 2004

Times may have changed...in the past (and back in W6-land), banking
institutes offered free checking/savings accounts for non-profit
organizations as a public service.

You may need to TALK TO THE BANK MANAGER (or designee) to have the fees
waived. I say again, you may need to TALK TO THE BANK MANAGER (or
designee) to have the fees waived.

Be prepared to explain your organization, purpose, size, membership
coverage...AND tell them you will list the SPECIFIC banking institute as
a SPONSOR on the club's webpage. That free advertising alone is worth
the 2-3 dollars/month of a low volume checking account.

(This is another reason why it is important to have a GREAT website that
is kept up-to-date.)

--
Matt Lee, K4AQ
Atlanta, GA USA