[SECC] Hiram Percy Maxim 135th Birthday Celebration

John Laney k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Thu Sep 2 09:29:15 EDT 2004

Hello all:

A reminder that there is a ten day operating event sponsored by ARRL to
celebrate the 135th birthday of the "father" of the ARRL, Hiram Percy
Maxim, that started at 0000Z today and runs through 2400Z Sept 12.  ARRL
officials, appointees, life members, and others who are current ARRL
members may add /135 after their calls.  They send at least RS(T), Name,
and status and others send RS(T) and name.  The ARRL will issue a
certificate for 25 /135 QSOs and endorsements up to 100 total.

I will be on signing /135 when I have time (and have already done so
last night) and hope others will do the same.  See page 40 of September
QST for complete details.

73,

John, K4BAI/135    ORS (Official Relay Station) and CLM (Charter Life
Member), ARRL.