[SECC] Tennessee QSO Party this weekend

John Laney k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Tue Sep 7 13:30:12 EDT 2004

See the posting below from K4LTA.  73, John, K4BAI.

                            Tennessee QSO Party Sept. 12, 2004

The contest begins at 1800Z and lasts for 7 hours only.  I plan to again
operate mobile CW on or around 14,040 khz and 7040 khz plus 146.55 mhz
simplex on two meters FM. I will monitor this frequency and put out a
call as I have time in between CW contacts.  Ruby, K4UPS, will chauffeur
our van for me.  We plan to begin our excursion in Johnson County, then
proceed through Carter, Unicoi, Washington, Sullivan, Greene, Hawkins,
Hamblen, Cocke, Jefferson, Sevier, Knox, Loudon and if time permits
through Monroe, McMinn, Meigs, Rhea, Roane, Morgan and Anderson.  I
understand the bridge across Watts Bar Dam is closed for repairs, so we
may not have time to make the circle through Decatur and Rhea County.
About 3 years ago, we made all of these 20 counties and pulled into our
driveway about 5 minutes before the contest ended.  Last year, we had an
alternator flake out at Elizabethton enroute to Johnson County, so after
repairs and a 3 hour delay, we limped home through 13 counties and only
200 qsos.  I may favor 40 meters but will also switch to 20 meters, if I
am in a county more than 10 minutes.  I hope to work many of you and
hope you have fun in this contest.

161 Bill K4LTA/M

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/b9A1lB/TM