[SECC] Re: Membership List; ARRL Contest Circle

K4SB k4sb at bellsouth.net
Wed Sep 8 23:17:03 EDT 2004

Ben Coleman NJ8J wrote:
> I'm looking into this (and haven't yet had a chance to talk to Kent
> about it).  I want to have the membership Roster page generated from a
> database, and have thought about setting up forms on the site to
> maintain the database.  These, of course, would have to be on a
> password-protected section of the site.

Passwords? Secret lists? The members page has been openly available
since the start of this Club.

No one but the officers of the Club are authorized to make changes.
Although the new pages are superb, everyone should keep in mind that
individual members do not have the right to make changes. The
webmaster is not an elected officer, but serves at the pleasure of our
officers.

This seems to be taking it a little far.

73
Ed