[SECC] This Weekend's Contests

John Laney k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Thu Sep 9 11:12:55 EDT 2004

Hello all:

I have run out of time.  I must leave the office in a few minutes and
will be out of town until Friday night.  Look at the WA7BNM or the
SM3CER contest sites for complete info on this weekend's contests.  Keep
in mind that the latest information is that the Louisiana QSO Party will
not be held this month, but will be held next February.

This weekend is WAE SSB.  Fun contest.  Good practice for CQ WW SSB.
Get in it and become familiar with the calls and especially the prefixes
(a lot of them are new due to new HF privileges in Europe).  NCJ CW
Sprint.  Most fun and tension available in 4 hours of contesting.  Tenn
QSO Party on Sunday.  Note the list of county abbreviations that can be
downloaded from the website.  ARRL VHF QSO Party.  Let's hope for
openings on VHF.

Hope everyone has a nice weekend and a lot of fun.

73,

John, K4BAI.