[SECC] NA Sprint CW AA4LR LP

Bill Coleman aa4lr at arrl.net
Fri Sep 17 08:19:38 EDT 2004

                     NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: AA4LR
Operator(s): AA4LR
Station: AA4LR

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 1.9

    80:  20     0:38
    40:  21     0:40
    20:  16     0:36
---------------------
Total:  57     Mults = 26  Total Score = 1,482

Club: South East Contest Club

Team: SE Sprint Coal #2

Comments:

Equipment:
Elecraft K2/100
AE6Y CQP Contest software

Antennas:
A3S at 15m (20m)
1/4 wave sloper at 12m (40m)
15m tower shunt feed (80m)

Comments:

Had originally wanted to put in a full-time effort, but was committed
to a
cookout at the preacher's house instead. Got on as soon as I could
after getting
home.

Probably missed two or three Qs from my mistakes. More than once I
pressed the
wrong button and erased the exchange just as the QSO was complete. I
left the Q
in place so the other guy wouldn't lose credit.

Had the same problem just once that I reported last sprint -- called
CQ, send my
exchange, missed something in the other fellow's exchange, and someone
is
already calling him while I'm sending NR? NR? NR? NR? over and over
again.

I think we have to change the protocol of the sprint. Stations should
hold off
calling until the station leaving the frequency sends di-dit to confirm.

Glad to work K9AY in the 'test. Gary used to live just a few miles from
me and
always showed up in my log. But I hadn't worked him in a contest since
he moved
away.

http://www.hornucopia.com/3830score/