[SECC] K4BAI Claimed Score, SC QSO Party

Adam S Hoffman AF4QZ af4qz at bellsouth.net
Mon Sep 20 16:04:55 EDT 2004

I flat out refused to work the SC QSO Party this year. If you read the
rules, in state participants cannot count other states as multipliers,
only SC counties. That means that a fixed station such as myself must
work within the state to get any kind of a good score. This means that I
am limited to 40/80/160 only, as they are sometimes good for intrastate
QSOs, but all those stations I work on 10/15/20 can be thrown out of the
window.

I told the creators of the SCQP my thoughts, but it has fallen on deaf
ears. Until they change the rules, you won't be hearing me.

73

Adam AF4QZ
Aiken, SC