[SECC] Re: Alabama QSO Party this weekend

John Laney k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Fri Sep 24 15:27:11 EDT 2004

Hi Bridget:

I think I still need Lowndes County.  My records are at home.  I'll
check and let you and Allan know early next week.  I worked one of the
two counties I still need on the 20 M CW CHN a few months ago and now
need only one in Alabama.  Now that I think more about it, I think
Lowndes is the one I worked and Bibb is the one that is left.  But, I'll
check and let you know.

Yes, for the future, you might want to consider Sunday instead of
Saturday.  The website for this year says Sept 26, which is Sunday, but
I have tried to get out the word that it will be Sat, Sept 25.  As long
as it is on the same weekend as the TX QSO Party, it might be better for
it to be on Sunday, since the TQP stops at 20Z and that would leave the
last four hours without conflict with TQP (although I think the Arkansas
QSO Party continues).  However, another thought is that, as long as the
Ala QSO Party is as small as it is, the fact that the TQP is running and
people are getting on for it, they may actually call Ala stations and
they might not be on the air at all after the TQP is over.  I think it
may be a toss up.  It might be better to leave it on Saturday.  Maybe
some of the others might chime in with their ideas.  I'll copy this to
the SECC so they can give you any feedback as to whether 18Z to 24Z on
Saturday or Sunday, the last weekend in Sept in future years would be
their preference.

Hope you feel better soon.  Regards to Allan.

73,

John, K4BAI.