[SECC] Changes in Membership, SECC

John Laney k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Mon Sep 27 15:52:53 EDT 2004

Hello all:

We need to be alert to possible new members as people move into our
area.  I know that Dennis McAlpine, K2SX, is looking for property in GA
or SC to move to when he retires in a few months or years.  We are
losing K0DQ, as you all know from his posting earlier today.  Also, Don,
KA1DWX is leaving this week for Delaware after being one of our most
active contest operators recently.

Here is an alert for another possible new member.  Bob Carroll, W2WG, a
member of NJDXA, has purchased property to build on on Lake Oconee.  He
is planning to move within the next year and will rent at first, so he
can supervise construction.  He is looking for someone to pay to erect a
tower and antenna or maybe more than one.

Let's be on the alert for other possibilities and make these folks
welcome.  This will help make up for those who move away (K4VU has
recently moved to VA also) or become inactive for a while and maybe the
club will also grow some.  Invite any contester moving to area to join
SECC and subscribe to the reflector even before moving here.

73,

John, K4BAI.