[SECC] Alabama QSO Party

John Laney k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Mon Sep 27 17:42:32 EDT 2004

Hello all and particularly the Alabama members:

See the message below from NY4N.  He is suggesting that the Ala members
of SECC take over the sponsorship of the Ala QSO Party.  It would be
sponsored by SECC in name, but the planning, promotion, and adjudication
would be done by volunteers of our membership, principally from Alabama.
  I will be glad to help by sponsoring a plaque, by helping with
promotion in a limited way, and by operating portable or mobile in Ala
QSO Parties whenever possible (I guess I am already doing that).  If
anybody would volunteer himself or himself and some others, whether or
not members of SECC already, we could see if the club would be willing
to be a sponsor of this rejuvenated QSO Party.  On a good weekend, with
good promotion, it could be a nice and fun event both for in-state and
out-of-state hams.

NY4N is subscribed to the SECC reflector so he will see your responses
to the reflector without your having to copy him directly.

73,

John, K4BAI
vice president, SECC.

In a message dated 9/27/2004 2:36:32 PM Central Daylight Time,
k4bai at worldnet.att.net writes:

 > You are right that, properly promoted, and on a good date,
 > AQP could be a very good contest

Ok John, thanks for you input.

Let's try this. Maybe the guys in the SECC, from Alabama, could form a
committee to look in to the re-forming of the QSO Party. Plaques could
be sponsored by different groups or clubs, and maybe extend the hours
somewhat. I'm no expert, by any means, but willing to help out as much
as possible. I think Alabama would take off, properly announced.

Like you, I like the mobile aspect. I think there are only 67 counties.
A SWEEP could easily be accomplished. Anyway, that is my two cents. I
won't keep bothering you with this, but value your opinion.  NY4N  Jeff