[SECC] Alabama QSO Party

Daniel Jeswald w4nti at mindspring.com
Wed Sep 29 17:37:50 EDT 2004

Sounds logical to me.

Dan/W4NTI

seriously and how it would benefit our club score.

>  I seem to hear W4OC more in domestic contests than DX. That means we
would want him in the circle for ARRL contests - like SS.  Now we need to
figure out - does Cort do more DX type contests - Like CQWW, WPX, etc...
or does he also do SS seriously. If he is more of a DX contester than he
can submit his score for CQWW DX, CQ WPX, CQ 160 etc.... but we only miss
his score in the ARRL DX. That's 6 CQ contests (2 modes of CQWW, WPX - 2
modes and CQ160- 2 modes) vs the 2 arrl DX contests (CW/SSB). So it's
probably OK that he is still outside the circle for ARRL purposes but
inside for CQ. Also remember that he can submit scores for the NAQP,
Sprint, and other State QSO parties that don't use the ARRL circle for
their rules.

> Maybe we ought to get rid of the term "full member" for those inside the
ARRL circle. Evryone should be a full member and those outside the ARRL
circle just have to live with the fact they can't submit scores for the
ARRL contests.