[SECC] re:Club Circle

Tommy aldermant at alltel.net
Thu Sep 30 17:09:29 EDT 2004

From: <ku8e at bellsouth.net>
To: <secc at contesting.com>
Sent: Thursday, September 30, 2004 4:50 PM
Subject: [SECC] re:Club Circle

>    Something I find interesting is those guys who moving the circle would
>  effect (by putting them outside of it) haven't made any comments on the
>  reflector. Seems the only ones who have something to say are those that
want
>  in the circle. It would be nice to hear your thoughts ????

SENT 9/29/04 AT 10 am.:

This is mainly for information when deciding on what to do with  the circle.

First, if I get bumped out of the circle in order to bring more members into
it, that really should be the thing to do. (and my feelings will not be
ruined!)

The coordinates of my QTH in Cecil are : 31.4N  and 83.34 W.

I run high power and always run single op for contest. I run a Ten Tec Orion
and Titan 3 amp, back up is an Omni 6 plus and Titan 425 amp. My 80m dipole
fed with 600' of open wire feeders seems to work OK on all bands except 160
and 30m. I have a 2 element EDZ wire yagi (14.7dBi) going up right after the
upcoming SS contest. I plan to put up a loop for 20m pointed toward Seattle
for the SS, after which it comes down. Towers, etc., will not be for a while
yet.

These are the contest I presently plan on getting into:

CQP
GQP
SS
CQ WW DX CW
ARRL DX CW
All Asian
Other QSO Party contest
WAE

I operate only CW contest, so should not be counted on for any SSB contest
(mike fright!).

Again, if it's necessary to bump me out of the circle in order to get more
members, please feel free to do so.

73,

Tom - W4BQF