[SECC] GQP rules

John Laney k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Tue Apr 12 09:25:36 EDT 2005

Of course, John has won high power out of state plaques in past GQPs if
I am not mistaken.  The time zone plaques are a way of compensating for
turning the QSO party inward by allowing county multipliers for in-state
hams.  A time zone plaque may not be needed if we don't adopt the county
multiplier for in-state stations, and I certainly hope we don't.  On the
other hand, I would never turn down a plaque donor.  If someone wants to
donate a plaque for the high score from the Pacific Time Zone, that
would be great.  If the high scorer from Pacific Time zone was also a
winner of the out-of-state plaque for his power level, maybe he should
get to chose which plaque he wants.  I guess the one that is high
out-of-state would be the more general plaque and should come first and
the second scoring station from PDT area could get the PDT plaque.

73,

John, K4BAI.