[SECC] GQP rules

Larry Shuman lshuman at griffin.uga.edu
Tue Apr 12 10:43:02 EDT 2005

I would like to see reinstatement of a CW only category.  I work CW
because my QRP rig does not have SSB capability.  I won the CW
only category in 2003, and that was the last year it was offered.  The
sponsor wanted to give the plaque in 2004 but was turned down.
The officers decided it was the club's job to set categories and not
accept just any category that has a sponsor.  I agree that the club
should set the categories and not just accept any plaque.  However, I
believe we should rationally set up rules that have some longevity
and not keep changing them each year.
  Larry, K4IR