[SECC] Sweepstakes Club Competition

K4SB k4sb at bellsouth.net
Fri Apr 15 15:33:29 EDT 2005

rwhiggins at bellsouth.net wrote:
> > On 15 Apr 2005 at 9:17, Robert Higgins wrote:
> > >   So we could have a different circle for each of the four days of SS (2 cw
> > > and 2 phone)? Maybe we should fine tune this. An enterprising member with
> > > time to do the analysis could even determine the optimum circle on an hour
> > > by hour basis. The circle could be shifted to accomadate a station that can
> > > only be on the air a few hours and then shifted to include a station coming
> > > on at a later time. Might be a way to pick up some of the 400,00 points K4SB
> > > noted we need to win the club competition this year.

No, the ARRL rules for club competition are quite specific on this. We
cannot do a "shift" on an hour to hour or day to day basis. And
personally, like Bob, I would oppose such a thing even if it were
allowed. The shift, if used, applies to a specific period of time,
which must compass the entire contest period. But, SS for example, is
on 2 entirely different weekends.

73
Ed