[SECC] Field Day and W4AN

K4SB k4sb at bellsouth.net
Tue Apr 19 10:40:27 EDT 2005

John Laney wrote:
> Hello SECC members:
> Chris, AC4CS, has asked about the use of the W4AN callsign for Field
> Day.  I have told him that any SECC sponsored FD operation should
> probably take prececence, but that, if there is not to be a SECC FD
> operation this year, I'd think that first come, first served for any
> SECC member would be the rule.

K4SB
Although the rules for use of the call have not yet been finalized,
the initial draft requires that the first person who requests
permission to use the call, with some exceptions, is granted
permission. Chris asked and permission was granted.

> So, this is to ask if any SECC members wish to get up a SECC Field Day
> operation this year and use W4AN?  If so, maybe Chris could join in that
> operation.  This might be something we could discuss at our meeting at
> the time of the Atlanta hamfest, but the time for planning between then
> and FD would be short.  The dates this year for FD are June 25 and 26.

I think John's suggestion that the SECC consider making FD a major
event for the Club is well founded. Although I demand the right to
sleep in a Holiday Inn. However, we might use this oportunity to
prepare for next year.

73
Ed