[SECC] W4AN

ku8e@bellsouth.net ku8e at bellsouth.net
Wed Apr 20 15:46:10 EDT 2005

Just the point I was trying to make. The call should be used for only special events.
I can't understand why all of a sudden people are making a big fuss over using the
club call when we had another call - and 2x1 call that was available before we got
W4AN ???

For those of you that did not know Bill he was a special person. See the following links
on his many accomplishments to contesting and our hobby :
ARRL :
See http://www.arrl.org/news/stories/2004/04/05/101/?nc=1
Sprint : First Entry to break 400 QSO's :
http://www.ncjweb.com/cwsprint092003.pdf
http://www.ncjweb.com/cwsprint092003.pdf
W4AN set the USA record in the 1999 CQWW CW contest with
8,279,616 points   4301 QSOs  175 zones  521 countries

See his diary of his trip to Dayton in 2000 where he gave a presentation
on his CQWW CW effort  - http://www.contesting.com/articles/11
http://www.contesting.com/articles/11

Maybe AE4Y can incorporate some of this into the SECC webpage ????

Jeff