[SECC] W4AN

Tommy aldermant at alltel.net
Wed Apr 20 17:54:59 EDT 2005

Larry,

Very interesting post, with merits.

However, please allow me to disagree with just one point you made, and that
is about this being a 'controversy'. As I understand it, the reflector is
the official meeting place for the SECC. I personally believe these
discussions are an interesting an integral part of the way the SECC was
formed.

If we don't have the discussions here, what we are doing is turning over all
of the decision making (without our input) to the club officers. That's not
all bad, but gosh some of these guys are getting OLD! For instance, Ed
(nickname for Jack Benny), I think he is soon going to turn age 39 soon!!
Goodness!

As I recently mentioned to Jeff, there is nothing at all wrong with
constructive disagreements among members. Isn't it true that the best
decision only comes from analyzing numerous and different inputs?

I personally agree with your suggestion. Retirement of W4AN with a
significant memorial page on the SECC web site is much more productive than
trying to legislate who can and who can not have access to the call.

Not only was Bill a competitor, he was well known for his love of helping
folks. I think he would be very unhappy if we did not do what ever was
necessary to make the call available to each and every SECC member.

Tommy

W4BQF