[SECC] W4AN

K4SB k4sb at bellsouth.net
Thu Apr 21 00:06:01 EDT 2005

W4BQF wrote:
> I personally agree with your suggestion. Retirement of W4AN with a
> significant memorial page on the SECC web site is much more productive than
> trying to legislate who can and who can not have access to the call.
>
> Not only was Bill a competitor, he was well known for his love of helping
> folks. I think he would be very unhappy if we did not do what ever was
> necessary to make the call available to each and every SECC member.

Well, probably "old-timers" on my part, but I don't understand what is
meant by
"retirement". One post from another gave me the idea that it was a
proposal to never use the call again.

Tommy has made many very constructive suggestions to what rules we
should have.

I don't think many of you understand this, but it comes down to this.
The Trustee is the ONLY person who can actually dictate use of the
call. Not the officers, nor members. John may ( hypothetically ) agree
with the rules if we ever get some, and in practice authorize use of
the call according to the rules, but he is not required to do so under
any circumstance.

And think about this. John, with the signature of 1 officer of the
Club, may change the name of the Club call W4AN assigned now as the
South East Contest Club to ANY name he may choose.

The most important part of the whole thing is that John is required to
act in accordance with FCC Part 97 in his role as Trustee, not by any
rules, by laws, or any directive from the elected officers.

All the above is hypothetical, except for the FCC part, but everyone
should get used to the idea that John has the final say.

73
Ed