[SECC] [SEDXC] All you ever wanted to know about WWV!

K4SB k4sb at bellsouth.net
Sun Apr 24 13:21:35 EDT 2005

Bill Barr wrote:
> Gang,
> I copied this from the Top Band reflector.  This seems to have references to
> sites for not only WWV but for the UK time standard  transmitters as well.
> Just thought you might find it interesting.
---------
I got it also, and book marked the site. Very interesting as Bill
said. What really puzzels me is that they use a 1/2 wave antenna
mounted on a 1/2 wave tower, but fed up from the bottom of the antenna
1/4 wave and then radials coming off that point at a
45 degree angle. ( they exempted the very low bands )

Might be something in this for us. Going to have to model that one.

73
Ed