[SECC] K4BAI Claimed Score, NAQP CW

John Laney k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Mon Aug 8 14:22:08 EDT 2005

Thanks for all the activity in NAQP CW and for the good team scores.

I made a mistake in setting up for SO2R and didn't realize it until
about 2/3 through the contest.  Afraid it hurt me on the top three bands
on rig #1, but it is impossible to quantify how much.

The 160 M inverted L that Jeff put up for me last January worked pretty
well for quick QSYs to that band.

I probably made a mistake in time offs.  I took a half hour break after
two hours or so and another for supper with Weesie about 8 PM.  The QRN
had been so bad that I didn't think 160 would be very useful,
particularly without a good antenna for that band, so I didn't take
enough timeouts earlier.  Then, by 05Z the QRN had pretty much died down
and I probably missed a bunch of QSOs and mults on 160.  I was able to
work from Ontario to Texas, but Jeff says there were a lot of western
mults in the last half hour.  I was unable to raise KT0R on 160 about
0450Z, so don't know that I would have worked the western stations anyway.

No DX NA mults other than XE2MX and XE1/N5KO.  Canadians were worked
only in VE1, VY2, VE2, 3, 4, and 7.  No Hawaii.  No Alaska.  Heard VE5GD
many times on my frequency on 40 M and he was always calling somebody
else and wouldn't answer me.  His rig must be off the frequency he is
receiving on.  Heard no VO, VE9, or VE6.  Only VE4 was VE4VV, although I
heard VE4XT working one of the other SECC members once.

Looks like our teams did pretty well.  Afraid our team #1 may get beat
by a TCG team, the CCO#1 (Ontario) and maybe one or two of the western
teams.  A good showing nevertheless.

Thanks for all the QSOs and the effort on everybody's part.

73,

John, K4BAI.

                     North American QSO Party, CW

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 9:57
Radios: SO2R

   160:   23    11
    80:  135    40
    40:  267    49
    20:  201    44
    15:   75    28
    10:   12     6
-------------------
Total:  713   178  Total Score = 126,914

Club: South East Contest Club

Team: SECC #1

Comments:

FT1000MP x 2 (SO2R), 100 watts output, TH6DXX, dipole, zepp, inverted
vee, inverted L.

Thanks for all the QSOs.

73,

John, K4BAI.