[SECC] Claimed Scores, Last Weekend's Contests

Greg Richard k4no at mchsi.com
Wed Aug 10 19:25:06 EDT 2005

Lots of good scores for the NAQP CW contest..glad to see some many SECC guys
active.

My Score was

160  0 x 0
80    0 x 0
40  302 x 48
20    34 x 19
15     2 x 2
10     0 x 0

      338 x 69   for 23, 322

The dog has chewed up the coax to the big tower which has the 20 meter
monobanders, other 40 meter antenna and the 80 meter loop. Several weeks
ago, my 160 meter inverted L got hit by a truck.  ( Long story, involving my
75 year old father in law, his truck and the 160 L)  The only reason we
still have the dog is I just purchased a months supply of dog food, the only
reason I still have my father in law is...nevermind.

I finally got enough projects finished to get outside to run the coax in
from the small tower and started to run it in from the big tower when I
discovered the coax was chewed up.  About that time, a thunderstorm cut
loose right overhead and that ended all hopes of SO2R.  An hour later, after
the storm died down, I got on and basically did a single band 40.  That is a
pretty good 40 meter line score but that really doesn't matter in an all
band contest.

Didn't work as many SECC guys as I got to 40 a bit late.  Glad to see
several other Alabama stations active to give out the mult

Greg K4NO