[SECC] NCCC Thursday Night Practice Session for ARRL 160

John Laney k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Thu Dec 1 10:13:12 EST 2005

See the post below.  I need to check out using my amp on 160.  Last time
I tried to use the Alpha there last week, it didn't load correctly.  If
I have the same result in getting ready for the NCCC thing tonight, I'll
be using the Titan.  Hope a lot of you will get on tonight so we can all
check out our 160 M set ups and it will be possible to make some QSOs
from GA during the half hour practice.  73, John, K4BAI.

NCCC THURSDAY  NIGHT MADNESS continues this week, Thursday, Dec. 1, local
date in North America.

Northern California Contest Club invites contesters around the world
(especially expeditioners) to use this  focused  opportunity to check out
antennas, logging S/W, RFI, propagation, etc. , in preparation for the real
thing this coming weekend.  I suggest we use normal ARRL 160M rules.
   --30 mins   0330-0400Z , Dec. 2
-- Start 0330Z (1930 PT, 2030 MT, 2130 CT 2230 ET, Dec. 1)

-- Normal ARRL 160M rules, NO DUPES (as we allow in our NS practices)

-- Suggested rally center freq:  1825; look for DX in the 1830-35 window,
avoid CQing there if you are in NA.

-- Report scores near 3830 LSB after the practice,  at 0400Z (8 PM PST) on
the weekly NCCC
contest net).  Real-time score collecting, bragging, excuses, antenna
checks,
advice..

Next week, Dec. 9,  0330-0400Z,  we'll return to the NCCC Sprint (NS) rules

   N6RO
<kenkeeler at jazznut.com>
http://jazznut.com/n6ro/n6rostart.htm