[SECC] ARRL 160 - KU8E

K4SAV RadioIR at charter.net
Sun Dec 4 12:53:11 EST 2005

ku8e at bellsouth.net wrote:

>I got it resonant on Saturday during the day around 1835 but when I added the extra 40 feet of feedline from my antenna switch to the shack it was resonant around 1750 again. ....

If your feedline changes the resonant frequency of your antenna, that is
an indication that your ground radials are insufficient.  The resonant
frequency of a vertical or inv L will change as a function of your
radials, if you only have a few radials.  As you add more radials, the
resonant frequency will stabilize and no longer move. Your feedline is
acting as a long radial.

Jerry, K4SAV