[SECC] ARRL 160 - KU8E

ku8e@bellsouth.net ku8e at bellsouth.net
Mon Dec 5 10:54:54 EST 2005

 I thought I would mention.

 My antenna is a hastily put up inverted L.  50 ft vertical and 80 ft horizontal.   I added some wire to
 the current 80 inverted L I had up. It has 4 full size 130 ft radials plus the two 80 meter radials I was using for that band. It is not a perfect ground system but probably better than what most people would have on a city lot with short radials. In the past I have put UNUN's my inverted L's but I didn't have one built so the antenna is fed directly with RG213. It's funny every time I build an UNUN it ends up going to the Carribean. I gave one to KW8N when he did a 160 single band in CQWW from KP2A. The other one is at PJ2T.

  I suspected without some type of matching device/ balun that the  coax was acting like it was part of the antenna. I am going to work on this before CQWW 160 and I think when properly matched this antenna should work better..

Jeff  KU8E