[SECC] K4BAI Claimed Score, 12/9 NCCC NS CW Sprint

John Laney k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Fri Dec 9 13:26:34 EST 2005

                     NCCC Thursday Sprint (12-9)

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 0.5

   160:   0        0
    80:   8
    40:  37
    20:   0        0
---------------------
Total:  45     Mults = 8  Total Score = 360

FT1000MP x 2 (SO2R), zepp and dipole on 40, inverted vee on 80.  20 was
totally
dead long before the contest started, although I did listen there at the
beginning.  40 was very poor.  I could hear west coast stations W6SJ and
W0YK
(heard but not worked on 40) plus K7NV, W9RE, and K0EJ there.  Most of the
activity quickly moved to 80 with only myself, K7NV, and W9RE continuing
to try
40M.  I talked to Dave, K6LL, on 40 about 10 minutes before the contest
started
and thought he would join in, but didn't hear him.  Did work W7SW for the AZ
mult (tnx Scotty!).  VA3NR had been slated to be a 40M QRP FOX for the 90
minutes before the Sprint started, but I spent most of that 90 minutes
listening
for Chris and the other scheduled fox, K5EOA, and never heard either of
them and
only once heard someone apparently working one of them.  As bad
conditions as I
have experienced during the Thursday night QRP fox hunts.  However, as a
result
of trying to find the Foxes, I did have the QSO with K6LL and a very
nice QSO on
40M with ZS6SIG, Sig, an American working in South Africa who said I was his
first QSO on 40M.  He said to look for him in the ARRL 10M contest this
weekend.
  Hope we get some good 10M propagation this weekend.

80 M seemed very good with better than average signals from W7WHY in
distant OR
and strong signals from VA3NR when he got a late start after the Fox hunt.
Special thanks to K7NV, W9RE, K8AJS and K0EJ for multiple QSOs.  Score
was down
due to lack of multipliers, but this time I worked all that I heard any
sign of.
  See you all next Thursday!  73, John, K4BAI.

http://www.hornucopia.com/3830score/