[SECC] 440 mhz repeater info from WW4T

John Laney k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Fri Dec 16 09:47:32 EST 2005

Fred, WW4LL, kindly informed me that I didn't get Bob, WW4T's message
pasted into my message.  Here is Bob's information on his new 440 mhz
repeater for use by "real" HF DXers and contesters.

73, John.

   Hello again John!
   Thank you for your response to my email re: Bill, W4AN, and my call.
   I appreciate you handling all those old contest QSLs. I had told
Bill, he could use the call but I wasn't going to make any promises on
QSLing, and believe me....whatever you do, or decide to do regarding
QSLing is fine by me!
   I have been fairly inactive HF wise for a  pretty long time, so I am
sorry to say, I have no QSLs or QSL format or choice which to use. You
can make generic ones on the computer as far as I am concerned. I really
don't mind. I will help you if you decide to go another route and "buy"
them commercially...just let me know how much etc.
   You mentioned  the SECC which you belong to......I have a repeater
here at my QTH, near Statham, Georgia, ( 10 miles West of  Athens ). We
call it the "CON-DX" Repeater....for Contesters and DX'ers.  I would
like to make it available to you and the SECC club members that are in
range, or come into range. I also plan to make it available to the SEDXC
for their use. It is a 440 MHz machine....442.300 ( out )  447.300 (
input ). It has good coverage for mobiles on Hwy 316 from Lawrenceville
toward Athens, and out toward Conyers from Athens, and up I-85
Braselton-Commerce-Carnesville, from Athens, so it may be useful for
some members that are mobile, or that have decent towers/antennas on the
440 band.
   We are "old timey/old school" hams that you will find on here. We do
discourage "no-code" hams, and our repeater even announces it is a "know
code" repeater, for the use of  contesters and DX'ers. You will find
some familiar names/calls on here. Tom-N4XP, Ron-W4WA, Pat-W4NW,
Stan-W4GF, Paul-K4UJ,  to name a few.
   We only ask those that use it.....PLEASE do NOT "kerchunk" it without
ID'ing! As of the present, we do NOT have a tone on the machine....it is
possible we will have to tone it in the future because of some
intermittent intermod we have on occasion. If we do tone it, we will use
100.0
   Tom, N4XP, is going to let folks at the SEDXC, but if you get there
first, please feel free to extend the invitation. It should be fairly
easy for those with towers/antennas on the East and North side of
Atlanta to make it in in average conditions. We have been solid into it
on occasion from both Hartsfield Airport down South of the city, to the
HRO parking lot on the North ( from mobiles ), but those would have to
be above average conditions.
   Thanks again for the QSL/W4AN info, and please feel free to handle as
you wish, plus the call ( WW4T ), is always available to those that knew
Bill and his contesting standards.

   73
   Bob  WW4T  ww4t at aol.com
   770-725-2112