[SECC] GQP Rules

Michael Condon mrcne4s at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 17 09:51:35 EST 2005

Hi,
  I have not heard much more on the rules discussion, so here is an attempt to wrap it up.

  Schedule:  There were a couple of comments on the suggestion to change, but on balance there was no big reason to change.  The rovers seemed to like it as is.
  So I propose we leave the schedule as published.

  Rover Scores to out of state clubs:  Notes received were in favor of eliminating this restriction, and allowing rovers to contribute their scores as they wish.  So the proposal here is to eliminate the restriction and restate the rule to "Rovers may contribute thier scores to any club they choose."

  Add CW and SSB categories:  Discussions going back many months seem to add up to favoring the multiple categories, however there was a good give and  take over time on the topic.
  So, I propose we add SSB and CW categories of entry.
  I will re read the rules for any changes for the new categories, and make edits as needed.

  Awards:  As we do not have sponsors for plaques in the new categories, the way to proceed is to offer certificates where plaques are not available.  We have a couple of slots in the current "Mixed" list open now, and certificates will be awarded in this case also.  I will re-do the award display on the web to show the new categories, and where a donor sponsors an an award, that donor will be recognized.   "Certificate" will be entered for the open slots.
  There is a note on the awards page soliciting plaque sponsors, with a link that forwards to Tommy, W4BQF.  That address is gqpplaques at iham.us.
  Jere, KT4ZB, will continue to produce the certificates, including the new category awards.  Certificate questions go to Jere through gqpcertificates at iham.us.
  I will get any mail sent to gqp at iham.us will come to me.

  Tommy is going to seek sponsors, and handle any changes in sponsors.  Jere and I will coordinate with Tom, and assist in the search.
  New or createive awards are not at all ruled out, including "one shot" things.
  If you want to sponsor an ongoing plaque, or a single year item, contact Tom, or Jere, or me.
  We do have a plan to issue participation "awards" to all participants we can reach, in the early spring before the party.

  I will not make any changes until next Week, to allow follow on discussions to flow.
  If I have missed anything... fill in.
  It is never too late for you to chime in...  (As if anyone here were shy... hi)

  Thanks,
  Mike,
  NE4S

Please use ne4s at iham.us as my address.