[SECC] Claimed Scores, Last Weekend's Contests

John Laney k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Wed Dec 28 13:41:56 EST 2005

NCCC Thursday Practice CW NA Sprint (12/24).

K4BAI   52     11    572    0.5 hr.  LP  SO2R.  This appears to be the
high score for the week, behind W9RE's 56 x 11 = 616.

This weekend there are a couple of European New Year's contests during
hours that we will likely not have any propagation.  Thursday night from
0330 to 0400, there will be the usual NCCC Thursday Night Practice CW NA
Sprint.  For the period of 0200 to 0300 Thursday night local, there will
be the usual QRP Fox Hunt with two Foxes QRV somewhere between 7030 and
7050 khz.  One of the foxes is K7TQ, Randy.  The exchange is call, RST,
SPC, Name, and power output.  There will be another 80M QRP foxhunt
during the same hours next Tuesday night local.

Monday night (0200-0400 UTC Tuesday) there will be the usual QRP Spartan
Sprint sponsored by the Adventure Radio Society.  All bands around CW
QRP frequencies.  Exchange RST, SPC, and power output.  Claimed scores
to be submitted electronically via the ARS website.

Both of these contests are good opportunities for SO2R CW contest practice.

Happy New Year to everyone.

Thanks to those who worked me as an 80M fox last night, specifically
AE4Y and K4PK.  Hope it was fun for you, as it was for me.  I worked 61
stations in the 90-minute period.  About 45 in the first 45 minutes and
16 more in the last half.  Obviously, more stations participating as
"hounds" would make for even more fun.  I worked stations from NH to MN
to WA to NM and there didn't seem to be any significant long skip
problems for once, as I was able to work GA stations early and late in
the contest period.

A reminder.  Georgia State Net (GSN) meets daily at 7 and 10 PM on 3593
khz.  A good way to keep up with other GA hams, have some on-the-air
fellowship, and participate in public service.  Good code practice, too.
  There is a slow speed net, Ga Training Net (GTN) on 3702 khz at 9 PM
daily.  We could use more participation in all three nets.  Net managers
are, for GSN, AF4NS and, for GTN, KG4FXG.

73,

John, K4BAI.