[SECC] NA Sprint CW - KU8E - SOLP

Jeffrey D Clarke ku8e at bellsouth.net
Sun Feb 13 13:17:41 EST 2005

                      2005 NCJ NORTH AMERICAN SPRINT

     Call used: KU8E                                           Location: GA

     Category: Single Op All Band         Mode: CW               Power: Low

     Callsign of Operator(s):

     Exchanged Information: KU8E nr JEFF GA

     Hours of Operation: 03:58

     band      QSOs     points
     -------------------------
      80         55         55
      40        123        123
      20         78         78
     -------------------------
     TOTAL      256        256   X   38 multipliers  =  9,728

Club or Team Name: SSC #1

Station #1  TS850S / 88 ft flat top zepp @ 35 ft

Station #2  TS830S / 20 meter dipole @40 ft ,  40 meter wire vertical/ 4 elevated radials

UTC    80   40   20  rate total
-------------------------------
00Z     0   46   39    85    85
01Z     0   33   28    61   146
02Z     8   35   11    54   200
03Z    47    9    0    56   256
tot    55  123   78  ----   256

Comments :

Good 1st hour but it seemed like it went down hill from there. I did terrible on mults this time even though I was SO2R and had the bands covered.
Heard but missed VT, IA, VE5,VE6 and VE7.  It's hard with LP and wires. If everyone came back the first time I would of had at least 75 more QSO's.
Interesting opening late on 20 meters - from about 0200-0245 was working W2,W3,W8,W9 on the 2nd radio until I did my QSY to 80 at 0245.
This is still my favorite contest despite my station limitations.

73, Jeff