[SECC] W4NTI ARRL DX BOATACHOR CONTEST

Bill Coleman aa4lr at arrl.net
Sat Feb 26 12:58:44 EST 2005

On Feb 24, 2005, at 11:30 PM, Rick Walker wrote:

> It's all going to boil down to the way you market it.  If we called it
> the
> "classic category" or "vintage class" it might have more of a shot.

You could have different categories based on the age of radio (at least
when it first appeared).

The EAA (Experimental Aircraft Association) classifies aircraft
according to three categories: Antique (before 1945) , Classic
(1945-1955), and Contemporary (1956-1967).

And not everything has to be tubes, either. Maybe the contemporary
class could be solid-state rigs that are 20 years old (which my TS-430
would qualify for this year....), classic would be post 1945 tube rigs,
and antique anything before 1945.

Interesting idea.

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: aa4lr at arrl.net
             -- Wilbur Wright, 1901