[SECC] This Weekend's Contests

John Laney k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Thu Jan 6 11:15:13 EST 2005

Hello all:

The contest calendars give details on a lot of contests for this
weekend, but I think there are only two that most of us will be able to
make QSOs in, so I will summarize the rules only for those two.

1.  ARRL RTTY Roundup.  Sat 18Z to Sun 24Z (max 24 hours).  RTTY and
Digital.  Work once per band.  80 - 10 M.  Exchange:  RST + SPC for US
and Canada.  RST + serial # for DX.
http://www.arrl.org/contests/rules/2005/rtty.html.

2.  North American QSO Party, CW.  18Z Sat to 06Z Sun.  Maximum of 10
hours for single ops.  M/2 stations can work all 12.  160 - 10.
Contacts and mults count once per band.  Exchange:  Name + SPC for North
America and Hawaii.  For DX, only name is required.  Your contest
program may require something in the QTH column, so put in "DX" if it
wants something there.  You can edit the "DX" back out of your Cabrillo
file if you like.  http://www.ncjweb.com/naqprules.php.  They are
requesting that we upload our files via a website which wasn't operating
today when I tried to take a look at it.  E-mail submission or even
snail mail will be accepted, but there is a two-week deadline.  We will
have a number of teams entered thanks to KU8E, who organized them.  So,
please get on and work as many of us and others as you can.  This is a
fun contest where you can learn others' names (maybe) and can practice
quick QSYs for any open band.

73,

John, K4BAI.