[SECC] KA9EKJ NAQP

Hoeft, Roger V roger.hoeft at intergraph.com
Sun Jan 9 23:31:56 EST 2005

  Callsign of Operator(s): KA9EKJ

     Exchanged Information: KA9EKJ ROD AL

     band      QSOs      points    mults

     160         90          90      37
      80        116         116      36
      40         77          77      31
      20         99          99      33
      15         31          31      16
      10         20          20       6

     TOTAL      433         433     159      SCORE: 68,847

     Club or Team Name: South East Contest Club     SECC #2

I feel like I should have done better.  Someone mentioned on the reflector
earlier today that he felt like he was trudging through mud.  He's not
alone.  Seems like the bands dropped out sometime in mid-afternoon and never
recovered.  10 and 15 were better than expected, but that's all.  I knew I
could be loud on the low bands, but the results don't show it.  Don't know
if atmospherics came into play or what, but I just didn't hear that many
signals.  I was listenening to 3830 afterwards and the guys were all happy
with their results.  Weird.

On the good side I worked my first YT on the 3 low bands, a TG9 and VP9;
and the NW/SE 40M loop played well.  I need to do some state-by-state
analysis to verify.  Other than that, it was good to work the SECC guys, and
the contest master didn't do any whacking.

73,

	Roger ...
	KA9EKJ