[SECC] Poor Operating? nawwwwww

Schulz Jonathan jonathan.schulz at siemens.com
Fri Jan 14 11:33:49 EST 2005

I was wrong in my quoting 7.04-7.05 as the freq allocated to DX as K9MUG
pointed out it is 7.035-7.045.

I am one of the "soundcard" RTTY contest guys the have blossomed in the last
2 years - previously only doing Phone tests and the occasional CW contest to
give Q's to the deserving. To those that want to try the mode I recommend
http://rttycontesting.com/tutorials/tutorials.htm as an excellent starting
point and to answer any questions you may have about getting on the mode

I have found nothing but the most courteous operators in every RTTY contest
I have played in, frequency fights are far and few between, and while some
have trouble with regards to overdriving AFSK signals, it is nothing
compared to the overabundance of overdriven phone signals in a typical
contest. I think the worst problem is those that answer a CQ off frequency
due to the improper use of NET & AFC - a hand near the RIT knob cures that
issue

I refuse to believe that "many of the RTTY guys in the contest would
intentionally QRM those doing the NAQP on CW..."

Hope to work my SECC friends this weekend in the NAQP Phone 'test, and to
see everyone @ NQ4I's for WPX SSB in late March

73
Jon
K9JS