[SECC] Poor Operating? nawwwwww

ku8e at bellsouth.net ku8e at bellsouth.net
Fri Jan 14 14:27:24 EST 2005

 Jon,

 I don't know if it's intentional or not but every time there is a RTTY and CW contest  going
 on at the same time I have someone on RTTY fire up on my frequency, even though it was clear
 when I started using it.. I am sure some of it is intentional QRM because these guys know I will
 probably move because I can't copy anything thru a RTTY signal. I don't know much about if a CW signal would bother you too much (on RTTY)... but I do know you guys use very narrow filtering so a CW signal close by probably doesn't make a big difference ???

 The contest sponsors need to work more closely together now because there are many more people doing RTTY contests. The availablity of free software using your sound card in your computer
has increased actvity tenfold on a mode that once required specialized (an expensive) equipment....

    Jeff

P.S. There are bad apples (lids) on all modes CW, SSB, RTTY, etc.....