[SECC] QRP Sprint on 80M tonight

John Laney k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Thu Jan 20 17:07:22 EST 2005

Hello all:

80 M has been good lately and should continue to be good during the down
part of the cycle, particularly in the Winters.  Of course, we get long
skip, so local stations are often hard to work.  Matt, K4AQ, has brought
to my attention that the new and fast-growing North Americna QRP Club
has a two-hour 80 meter CW sprint for QRP and QRPp stations tonight.
Jan 21, 2005 0130 to 0330 UTC.  80 meters.  Any one with any power may
participate, but only QRP and QRPp stations are eligible for awards.
3555-3565 and 3705-3715 for slow speed stations.  Double your score by
using a hand key for the whole time operated.  Try to avoid QRM to FISTS
stations on 3558.  "Also check near 3579 for Color burst crystal QRPp
stations."  I have no idea what that means.  Exchange:  RST + SPC +
NAQCC # if you have one or power out for non members.  More points for
members.  See:  http://www.arm-tek.net/~yoel/spring_0105.html for full
details.  I hope I will be able to join in part of this Sprint.  73,
John, K4BAI.