[SECC] QRP Sprint on 80M tonight

Charles Wooten NF4A nf4a at knology.net
Thu Jan 20 19:19:41 EST 2005

Actually 3579.545 :)

NF4A

-----Original Message-----
From: secc-bounces at contesting.com [mailto:secc-bounces at contesting.com] On
Behalf Of Daniel L. Jeswald
Sent: Thursday, January 20, 2005 6:14 PM
To: John Laney; secc
Subject: Re: [SECC] QRP Sprint on 80M tonight

"Also check near 3579 for Color burst crystal QRPp stations."  I have no
idea what that means.

Hey John,

That means they are using the crystal out of a TV set.  It operated on
3579.9999999 and was used as the clock for the color burst oscillator
circuit.

Now you know why your fancy TV qrms you on the Alabama net if your running
wide open,,,,,,hi hi.

Dan/W4NTI