[SECC] CQ 160 Results

AE4Y ae4y at mindspring.com
Sun Jan 30 08:14:29 EST 2005

Once again I loaded up the trusty 80 meter dipole and entered the fray
in this weekend's 160 meter contest.  I always thought that trying to
use an 80 meter dipole on 160 was about like trying to load up a piece
of spaghetti, but I was amazed at what I was able to work during the
ARRL 160 last month and again this weekend.

I had to tweak the tuner frequently and reduce power to 75 watts to keep
all of the stray RF from setting off my home's security system, but I
managed to work the west coast a couple of times and even bagged VP2E
for a little DX.

Maybe the trick was all of the ice on the antenna which makes it look
like a giant "U", almost touching the ground in the center!

CQ 160 Meter Contest

Band : 160
Power : LOW
Mode : CW
Operating Time : 4.5 hours

  Band    QSOs    Pts  Cty
   1.8     151    326   37
Total     151    326   37

Score : 12,062

Thanks to all of the SECCers that I worked - there were quite a few on.

Kent, AE4Y