[SECC] SO2R switch boxes

Bill Coleman aa4lr at arrl.net
Sun Jan 30 21:42:42 EST 2005

On Dec 9, 2004, at 7:52 PM, Greg Richard wrote:

> Who is using a SO2R switch box in the club? What type are you using
> and how do you like it?

Mine is homebrew. I have a three-position rotary switch that selects
the headphones. I used a good quality ceramic switch. A separate
two-position toggle switch moves the microphone between the two rigs.

Right now, this setup doesn't do CW. However, I did purchase a three
pole, two position toggle switch so I can switch the CW keying back and
forth as well. I just haven't gotten around to installing it and the
requisite cables and jacks.

SO2R boxes are really simple. If you can wire up a few connectors, you
can easily build one.

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: aa4lr at arrl.net
             -- Wilbur Wright, 1901