[SECC] K4OGG 160

Jay Pryor jpryor at uga.edu
Mon Jan 31 14:16:26 EST 2005

I spent most of my effort this weekend sloshing through the ice and briars
in the woods next to my house putting up a phased beverage for 40M.  I'm
not quite finished so I don't know if the thing will be an improvement over
listening on the dipole.  I was in an area of woods so thick with briars
that I know that no one has set foot there in goodness-knows-how-long, when
I met a neighbor for the first time.  He started the conversation (he was
on his deck, I was far down below in the briars and soaking wet from the
melting ice) with the greeting, "Hey, do you know you're on my
property?"  Oh well.

I use elevated radials with my inverted L on 160 -- except I didn't bother
to elevate the radials.  Four of them were still on the ground under the ice.

Low power.

    BAND   Raw QSOs   Valid QSOs   Points   Mults   Countries

   160CW       61          61        136      24         1

  Totals       61          61        136      24         1

     Final Score = 3400 points.

73,

- Jay, K4OGG