[SECC] Reminder August Spartan QRP Sprint Monday Night

John Laney k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Thu Jul 28 10:08:26 EDT 2005

Spartan Sprint Contest Monday -

If Sunday's Flight of the Bumblebees got you fired up, you will enjoy
Monday's Spartan Sprint.  If you missed the Bumblebee, there's still
lots of QRP fun in the Sprint.

The August Spartan Sprint will be held on August 1, 2005 (which
is our standard date--the first Monday of the month).  It's
two hours of fun as you contact other QRP CW stations on 80,
40, 20, 15, and/or 10 meters.

The contest starts at 9 pm EDT, 8 pm CDT, 7 pm MDT, and 6 pm
PDT and runs for two hours.  That's 0100-0300 UTC.

The Spartan Sprint exchange is RST - State - Power (e.g. 559
ME 5W).

Contest details and rules are at
www.arsqrp.com/ars/pages/spartan_sprints/ss_rules_new.html

We will continue our special recognition for those who
operate outdoors.  If you operate outdoors, please note it
in your Soapbox comments after the contest.

After the contest report your summary and score at the
autolog at
www.ARSqrp.com/ars/ss_log.html

We have a couple of requests when entering your log
information.  In your Soapbox comments after the contest,
start by listing your radio and antenna.  We are also asking
that you note your state, province, or country as part of
your callsign when you fill out the autolog.  The easiest
way to do this is to append that info to your callsign in
the "Your Call" box of the autolog.  For example, NA8M in
Maine would enter 'NA8M-ME' in the "Your Call" box.

Good luck on Monday!

73 de NA8M
John
Contest Manager